Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10-22-08

I.
You bright light
You bright light
Some suns sloth to be seen
But you burst forth like a beam
You joined and joyed
I knew your warmth
Were we not walking together
Did we not help one another?

II.
I cannot afford a smile
my soul is broke
I know what you forgot
You came and ate then left,
You were meant to stay
There was more, much more
But a heart-driven ignorance
. . . O your tears are life-less
Your teas are fools
Your tears are damned!
Come, come return!

III.
The end tells the truth
All was a flux,
The words were echoes,
The difference a temporal gale;
How could we have known
There is nothing to be done.

IV.
Like water in the heat
Like a flame in the wind
You bright light
You bright light have dimmed,
dimmed,
dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment